Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Sunrise Grapefruit Blend

We've only had our juicer for 4 days now, but it feels like longer. So much juice has been made! Since the man and I are both doing a juice fast we each make several different blends every day. I've discovered two favorite combinations: grapefruit and dandelion for the morning and kiwi and kale for the afternoon. My morning juice looks like hell, but I really love the way it tastes. I was always into eating a fresh grapefruit in the morning, so it's really no surprise I'd like it as the main flavor for my breakfast juice. If you don't like grapefruit you'll hate this blend.

Sunrise Grapefruit Blend
Makes approximately 16 ounces

  • 2 medium red grapefruit 
  • 1/2 large cucumber
  • handful of dandelion greens (I never measured, but probably around 1 cup chopped)


Peel the grapefruit. Leave as much of the pith on as possible. Cut it into sections.
I like to peel the cucumber too, but you don't have to.
Cut it into slices.
Chop up your dandelion greens.
Juice it all and enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment