Monday, March 11, 2013

Creamy Rice Pudding


I love warm rice pudding. It's so decadent! Mmmm.... I went through a phase where I was making this recipe every other night. I still would, but I'm making an attempt to be more calories conscious. What a bummer! Because this stuff is gooooood!

I used to make this recipe using 4 cups of milk instead of 3. It makes it super creamy, but man, that's a lot of milk! So I cut back to a more modest 3 cups. Still a very rich and creamy pudding.


Rice Pudding Recipe

  • 1 cup (dry) Arborio Rice
  • 2 cups Water
  • 1 Tbl spn Butter
  • 3 cups Milk
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 2 tspns Vanilla Extract
  • 1 egg (beaten)
  • cinnamon to taste


Melt butter.
Lightly sautee rice in melted butter until well covered and starting to brown slightly.
Add water. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Add milk, sugar, and vanilla extract to pot.
Cover and simmer another 15 minutes.
Add egg (make sure to stir rice as you add the egg and mix in well so you don't have scrambled egg floating in your pudding).
Simmer uncovered until almost all liquid has evaporated.
Remove from heat.
Add cinnamon to taste.
Let stand until cool. (I tend to wait a mere 15 minutes and eat it nice and warm.)
Rice will continue to absorb remaining liquid as it cools.

No comments:

Post a Comment