Monday, March 11, 2013

Grandma's Peach Cake


Grandma's peach cake was always one of my favorite desserts to see at Summertime family gatherings. Recently I went on a little bit of a peach kick. I may have bought more than I could eat before they started to get too soft. That's when I remembered this delicious cake. It's supposed to be made with a stick of butter, but I haven't had butter in my house for probably 2 months. And I was too lazy to go out and get some, so I substituted 4 tablespoons of olive oil for the 1/2 cup butter called for in the recipe. It still tasted great.

Peach Cake

  • 1/2 cup butter (or 4 Tbl spns olive oil)
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 cup flour
  • 2 peaches, sliced
  • Optional: other fruit like raspberries or blueberries
  • Cinnamon sugar for sprinkling
  • Baking dish (I used a small cast iron skillet)

Heat oven to 350
Mix together the butter, sugar, eggs, and flour.
Pour into baking dish
Top with fruit
Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
Bake for 30 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment