Monday, March 11, 2013

Pumpkin Bread


I woke up one morning a few days ago and couldn't figure out what to eat. Somehow we'd run out of pretty much all breakfast stuff. I was trying to decide whether or not to put the effort into making pancakes (didn't really want to) when I noticed one lone can of pumpkin puree in the cabinet. Pumpkin bread seemed like the most reasonable thing at that point and I went in search of a recipe. I found one online that had some good feedback. I'm sure it was probably delicious, but without giving it a proper chance I decided to tweak a bunch of stuff. For one thing the original used 1.5 cups of sugar, which seemed a little over the top. I also added some sour cream to keep it moist and reduced the oil from 1/3 cup to 1 table spoon. The end result was delicious and it was devoured in two days. And it takes far less effort than standing at the stove flipping pancakes. 

Preheat the oven to 375
Lightly grease a baking pan approximately 7x13" in size

In a bowl combine:
  • 7 ounces pumpkin puree
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 Tbl spn olive oil
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 Tbl spn sour cream


Mix these ingredients together and then add the following to the same bowl:
  • 1.5 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/8 tsp ginger


Mix and pour into prepared pan.
Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment