Friday, March 15, 2013

The Simple Salad That Made Me Love Lunch

OK, so the salad is much simpler than the title.

I've always been a picky lunch eater. I never know quite what I'm in the mood for. What ends up happening is I spend money going to buy lunch or I snack, and snack, and snack until dinner time.

A couple months ago Chris started buying avocados to toss in salads and take to work. At first I was just jealous because I love avocados, but I didn't want to touch his stash. After a week or so I broke down and made my own simple avocado salad. Just romaine hearts, shredded carrot, and one diced up avocado. For dressing I drizzled on some balsamic and sprinkled the barest bit of salt. Delicious.

When I make the salad I put it in a pyrex glass bowl, pop the lid on, and shake it up so the balsamic, salt, and avocado coat the lettuce. The photo shows the salad after I shook it up. All the avocado tends to settle on the bottom. I generally leave it there and "save the best for last" as the saying goes.

Salad
1 romaine lettuce heart
1 shredded carrot
1 avocado, diced
Balsamic and salt to taste
Shake it all up.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment